The 2 roles in Adelaide and Perth have been filled
(We’re so excited!)
Thanks to everyone for your interest. We’re working hard to have more programs running around the country in future so keep an eye out or get in touch to discuss your ideas.
We are looking for people who love working with people! Help us deliver the Cowork Coplay program in your area.
This is our flagship program. It runs for 6-8 weeks and delivers time and space for participants to work on their own career-related projects. This could be looking for a new job, study, starting or running a business or a mix of these and other activities. Cowork Coplay is also heavily focused on creating opportunities for community connections and (hopefully) friendships. We also provide child care for the participants who need this.
We are looking for stand-out people who believe in our mission and want to enthusiastically and empathetically facilitate Cowork Coplay programs.
- ZTwo locations: Adelaide and Rockingham/Perth
- ZEOIs for other locations - tell us where you are!
- Z3-month, part-time contract (mid-Jan to mid-April), 5 hours/day. Indicative rate: $100/hour.
- ZFit this role around other work or caring responsibilities. Or if you have other skills you can bring to the business we’re happy to talk about other opportunities.
- ZDefence or veteran connection (e.g. being a partner of a Defence member) required.
- ZEmployee, casual or contractor (sole trader) options.
Role & accountabilities
- Effectively engage with people; nurture enduring relationships with participants.
- Facilitate the in-person Cowork Coplay program, provided one day a week over 6-8 weeks. This includes room setup, welcoming participants and ensuring everything runs smoothly.
- Deliver creative/innovative solutions to problems.
- Uphold and promote HQG’s values, mission and purpose.
- Foster an enjoyable, collaborative and inclusive working culture.
- Assist Directors with HQG business objectives and business opportunities.
- Share knowledge through collaboration, training, coaching and lessons learned.
Experience &/or qualifications
- Experience in managing and leading programs, community activities or events.
- Experience in people-facing roles.
- Not mandatory: Professional qualifications at the tertiary level and/or professional body certification.
- Working with Vulnerable People registration.
- If a contractor, relevant insurance and professional memberships, as required.
Attributes & skills
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and are confident to speak in front of a group.
- You are non-judgemental, actively embrace diversity and care about people and what they’re trying to achieve.
- You understand the Defence lifestyle, and can appreciate its ups and downs and that different people have different experiences with it.
- You’re known for your strong work ethic; you take initiative, do what you say you’re going to do and can delegate effectively.
- You’re passionate about having a go, continual improvement, innovation and agility.
- You are enthusiastic about authentically and professionally representing Cowork Coplay and HQG in forums and networking opportunities.
Benefits of joining Human Quotient
Tailored leave policy
Professional advice allowances
Subsidised school holiday benefit for parents
Training/Professional development allowance
Department of Veterans Affairs Advocate
Opportunities to support our social enterprise programs
Performance bonuses and commissions for bringing in new work/staff
How to apply
- A statement or narrative about why you want the role and what you’d bring to the role.
- A CV.
- Examples of relevant work experience, for example, an article about you achieving something great, your TEDX video etc.
Acknowledgement and Consent
Human Quotient acknowledges and respects your right to privacy. When handling your personal information throughout our recruitment process, Human Quotient meets the statutory obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and abides by the Australian Privacy Principles.
During the recruitment process, Human Quotient will collect personal information to inform our assessment. This information is used to confirm your qualifications, experience and suitability for employment by Human Quotient in the roles for which you may be considered.
During the recruitment process, Human Quotient may contact your current and previous supervisors for the purpose of assessing your suitability for employment by Human Quotient. Human Quotient will not contact your supervisors without your prior consent.
By submitting this application, you consent to Human Quotient collecting and using your personal information to support the recruitment process.
By completing an application with Human Quotient, you acknowledge and consent to the use of information provided in the Human Quotient employment screening/recruitment process.